martes 07 de julio de 2009

coochie d'etat.

I have successfully avoided the subject of politics for most of my life, sans the mandatory half semester course in high school. Until now…

Before two weeks ago, I cared nothing for politics. Well, I guess I could say my interest hasn’t changed much, but now I happen to be living in a country that recently experienced a military coup d’état. So now, not only can I now pronounce the word, I also know what it means.

(*Note: Don't get me wrong, I understand the importance of politics in society, but the sleazy dealings and corruption turn me off.)

Unfortunately, I will not be able to express the truth or my opinion or anything about the situation due to this prickly peach core I have lodged in my throat. And, frankly, I am sick of talking about the situation. It's all I do here.

With that said, I will assure you that aside from the man-made bombs going off near my house, fires, bus tires being shot out by the military, door-to-door hunts for boys-cum-soldiers, violent protests, and radio tower bombings – all in my hometown of Catacamas (the ex-hometown of the ex-President) is fine.

In the meantime, I am snapping photos of sunshine & butterflies, and visiting Las Cuevas de Talgua.


Calixto the Great
(giving me a piggy-back ride)



Oh yes, and FYI: the postal system is still working fine...I received my ukulele last week and it has been keeping me sane during these national curfew nights.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario