viernes 11 de junio de 2010

shu-shu-shu-shu-shu-shu sugar ants.

Carnival in La Ceiba

Sugar ants. Yes, their name sounds so sweet. But they are far from it. With plenty of success, sugar ants are trying to ruin my life.

I can spend a day dusting, sweeping, and mopping every surface in my home and they still come. They scour over clean dishes, nest in my bed, and lurk all over my canned goods. They even crawl on me when I am watching TV.

What these diminutive chaps fail to realize is that I will eat them. If they get into a bag of my Sour Patch Kids, that bag will instantly be transferred to the fridge and soon devoured in its entirety.

What they also fail to realize is I am my own boss here. I create my job and get paid the same salary no matter what I do. So if one day I decide to take some time off from bank reconciliations in Spanish and smash them one-by-one they are in big, big trouble.

I realize all this negative activity toward these creatures strongly goes against the whole Buddhist thing I have been trying for many years now. But I just can’t help it. Maybe it’s my subconscious way of taking my anger out on Honduran men.

Ahhh, I feel better after that rant.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario