lunes 14 de junio de 2010

world cup.

I get up every morning at 5:30 to let my sitemate into my apartment to watch the World Cup games (I’m the only gringo with a TV). He comes back to catch the 2nd one at 8am. And then I wake up to join him in watching the afternoon game.

I’ve never caught a game of soccer in my life before coming here, but am rather enjoying it. I’ve entered a fantasy fútbol league and even made my very own TOP TEN list of my favourite players.

Here it goes:

Oguchi Onyewu, USA

Yoann Gourcuff, France

Mariano Andújar, Argentina

Didier Drogba, Ghana

Michael Ballack, Germany

Federico Marchetti, Italy

Cesc Fabregas, Spain

Rafael Van Der Vaart, Netherlands

Samuel Eto’o, Cameroon

Carlos Bocanegra, USA



Honorable Mentions:

Iker Casillas, Spain

Gianluigi Buffon, Italy

Benny Feilhaber, USA

David Suazo, Honduras (represent!)

Lucas Neill, Australia



From the Sidelines:

David Beckman, England

Michael Owen, England



Team Didn’t Qualify:

Fredrik Ljungberg, Sweden

1 comentario:

  1. dadadada dadadada damnnnnnn. these pictures have me seriously thinking about becoming a soccer fan.

    ResponderBorrar