miércoles 03 de noviembre de 2010

my food journey.

I recently ate my way from Florida to California in the land of comfort and convenience. It was delightful. Someone asked me what I miss most about being away in Honduras. Obviously, my family comes first. Draft beer, a close second.

days of journey: 14
weight before travel: blah blah blah
weight after travel: blah blah blah +7

equals: half a pound per day

Unfortunately, I woke up too late and consumed too much at sittings to where I only got to devour two meals per day. This was a tragedy. But I made it work.

a glimpse of faux Thanksgiving. sure didn't taste faux.


el tepeyac in LA's manuel special. apparently the burrito wasn't enough, I needed taquitos too.
makes the salt shaker look miniscule.


in addition to all the bloody mary's, IPA and Guinness I could drink, I threw some "healthy" drinks in the mix.


appetizers shared between 4 ladies.


ended with my fav, Indonesian food.

Missing from the photos are BLTs, BBQ chicken salads, sushi (I had seared ahi twice in one day), sausages, Mediterranean food, bacon-wrapped hotdogs in skid row in LA, pizza, home-cooked meals by mom, Taco Bell, good cheeses, Target hot dogs, hot wings, Five Guys vs In & Out eat-off (hands down In & Out wins), samples at Costco, etc.

I'd like to thank everyone who cooked for me or purchased food or drinks for me. And finally, I'd like to thank my stomach for being able to handle all of the good things I put into it during the course of my food journey. I wouldn't have been able to do it without your strength and courage.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario