domingo 24 de enero de 2010

love life.

Last time this year I received an invitation in the mail asking me to pack up and leave to a country I knew only two facts about: the murder rate was one of the highest in the world and the sandwich chain, Subway, existed there. If I decided to accept, my new home for the next twenty-four months would be Honduras. For the first time in a quarter of a century, I would move out of my safe-zone of Long Beach, away from friends and family and everything I felt comfortable with. I was ecstatic! And decided immediately to jump on the chance of a lifetime.

I sit here now contemplating my life over the past eleven months. I really had no time or proper resources to prepare myself for what I have been through. It has been a roller coaster of ups and downs, personally speaking. As for the country, it never ceases to amaze me, from its beauty to its repulsiveness. I try to take both things into account and make the best of every day.


Aside from ALL the hard work I have been doing in my town, I have been able to explore the country in all it’s beauty…


Utila Dive Centre



Utila

Pico Bonito, La Ceiba

Jungle Lodge

Thanksgiving Dinner
(by Rachel)

Christmas Dinner
(by Kat P)

Orgullosos Olanchanos

Proof I work

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario