martes 09 de febrero de 2010

the annoying neighbor.

I was hanging out baking cookies last Tuesday night when I heard an unsuspecting meow at the door. Followed by many more meows. As bored as I was, I decided to answer it and make a friend out of this scraggly, bone-thin, dirty-white, scabby thing.

First, I gave it some water. And it decided to come inside. It quickly ran past me in the kitchen, through the living room, and hid under my bed. I lured it out with some Snickerdoodle cookie dough and it circled around my feet a few times, thanking me.

Knowing this would not be a sufficient meal for the little fella, I whipped up a delicious bag of salmon. Definitely the best meal this cat will ever see in its entire garbage-rummaging life. After gobbling up the delicacy, it rubbed its head on a few pieces of my furniture and bid me farewell.

Wednesday morning rolls around and I get up to make some breakfast. Just as my friends warned, the cat was already back meowing its head off on my front porch. I try disregarding it, but my heart aches at the site of this starving creature looking up at me like a hungry baby eyes its mother. We have breakfast together and I even pet it, risking contracting scabies or some other infectious disease.

At lunchtime I decide to prepare some veggie soup. Halfway through cooking with Peggy Lee belting “Fever” through my speakers, the meowing returns. I’VE CREATED A MONSTER! Hopefully it doesn’t go telling its friends there is a pushover gringa in town that will feed ugly cats.

Update: Woke up Thursday afternoon from a nap to find that Meowzers (its new name) invited a fat, white friend to join us for dinner.


first Super Bowl I've ever watched
(aside from the halftime show when Prince performed)

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario